he iTind, is a Temporarily Implanted Nitinol Device designed to provide
long-lasting relief of BPH symptoms through a short, non-surgical procedure.
The iTind provides immediate and long-lasting relief from symptoms with no side effects, and without the need for drugs, surgery or a permanent implant.
Mechanism of Action
Once deployed within the prostatic urethra in its folded configuration, the struts of the iTIND begin to expand and exert longitudinal pressure on the prostatic urethra and the bladder neck at the 12, 5 and 7 o’clock positions.
Over the course of 5 days, ischaemia, necrosis and scarring, create deep longitudinal channels through which urine can flow freely.
The iTind was uniquely designed to ensure easy and accurate positioning, and to avoid trauma to sperm ducts and urethral sphincters, thereby eliminating the risk of retrograde ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and incontinence.
At post-operative day 5-7, the device is completely removed.
The new channels formed continue to provide relief for years to come.
- Temporary implant, removed after only 5-7 days
- Non-surgical incisions create permanent channels in the prostatic urethra
- Eliminates the risk of sexual dysfunction
- Immediate symptoms relief, immediate return to daily life
- Simple, easy procedure performed in minutes
5 min to Implant
- Performed in a day theatre
- Through rigid or flexible cystoscope
- Implanted under visualization
- Minimum sedation required
- Painless, bloodless
5 days at Home
- No catheter required
- Immediate relief of symptoms
- Immediate return to daily life
5 min to Remove
- Through a standard Foley catheter
- No implant left in the body
- No damage to sexual function
- No incontinence