THE USCAN BLADDER SCANNER
DOES MUCH MORE
The Uscan quickly provides the most accurate volume of the bladder shown in real-time
In addition, it provides clear images of the prostate, kidney, rectal crescent etc with the facility to take measurements.
The Uscan is perfect for real-time viewing of suprapubic catheter placement.
THE SCAN ASSEMBLES 256 SLICES OF THE BLADDER
This enables the software to create a 3D image of the bladder and show an accurate volume within seconds, even on obese and other hard‑to‑scan patients including babies
WHY HAS THE USCAN CAPTURED 20% OF THE AMERICAN MARKET WITHIN 2 YEARS?
- ACCURACY – ±10%, ±10ml accuracy Calibration is automatic when the Uscan is switched on
- REAL-TIME – it can view and record a video of the safe placement of suprapubic catheters
- LINEAR MEASUREMENTS – it can measure bladder wall thickness, prostate, kidney, rectal crescent etc
- INTUITIVE – easy to learn. Includes a user video on the tablet for new staff
- HIGHLY RELIABLE – Requires no annual calibration. Automatically recalibrates when switched on. This can be checked or recalibrated in seconds by the user.
- CONNECTIVITY – Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity; EHR interoperability. Connects to the hospital network
- FLEXIBLE PURCHASE OPTIONS TO SUIT UK NHS BUDGETS – The price plus the 5 year Warranty makes this trouble-free scanner a most affordable option
- FULLY COVERED – 5-year comprehensive product warranty. This covers all repairs of all components for 5 years after purchase (including accidental damage) – automatic recalibration means no calibration costs.
- This warranty is made possible because the device is robust.
Available with Tablet, on a Trolley, or Hand-Held configurations
Email text from the Lead Radiologist of a major UK teaching hospital:
Subject: RE: Uscan quote
We trialled the Uscan in our Urodynamics and Spinal Trauma services, for potential replacement of an aging portable ultrasound machine used for bladder volume measurements.
When used alongside a full-sized Phillips scanner, the Uscan was found to be very accurate in comparison. It also proved accurate in the scanning and measurements of hydro nephrosis.
The unit was remarkably easy to use by staff without formal Ultrasound training, and opens up diagnostic service planning: being able to accurately measure pre and post-micturition bladder volumes by other healthcare professionals can take some pressure off the over-stretched Sonographer workforce.
A copy of the email is available on application to Genesis Medical
Link to the USCAN Brochure
Link to the Signostics Website